Friday, April 24, 2009

First things first

Since I already set up a Blogger account last year I thought I would simply use it to post for 27 Things. I cannot help but think of the virtual world like the real world, with a finite amount of space. I hate to clutter it more by adding yet another blog that no one will use. However, because I am supposed to track my 27 things progress with the blog, and that one has limited access and use, I decided to create a new blog: Borelli's Blog.

In response to the 7 ½ Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners, I find that the easiest for me is Habit 2: Accept responsibility for my own learning. I consider myself a lifelong learner as I am an inherently curious person who is creative and a perpetual student. For instance, this May I might just earn my second masters. I'll get my exam results in a week or two. Why did I do it? Certainly not for my job--just for my own edification and enjoyment.

The most difficult habit is Habit 6: Use technology to my advantage. I find change difficult and adapting to new technology is hard for me. Learning new media is not an exciting challenge for me, but typically something I must do to adapt to my environment. I don't know how to send a text message, I have never learned how to record on my DVD recorder, and I don't even remember my voice mail password. Naturally, my 25 month old son knows how to navigate youtube, so I have a feeling I'll be forced to adapt in the years to come.

3 comments:

  1. 2nd masters, you are definitely a life long learner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Little Roars navigates YouTube?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in the same boat in regards to technology not being very high on the lifelong learning list.

    ReplyDelete